Looking for fertile eggs in Central Maine - UPDATE Pics of baby chick

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sunnydee, Aug 7, 2008.

1. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Thought I would share a pic of the little baby chick my friend's broody hen hatched. I got over a dozen eggs, but only one hatched.
    [​IMG]

I am all set with some fertile eggs! A wonderful member on here brought me 20 beautiful eggs today!

Thank you!!

I have a friend down by the coast of Maine who has a very broody chicken. She is now sitting on 8 eggs but they are not fertile due to her rooster dying of old age last year.

I mentioned to her that she should get some fertile eggs for her to sit one but she wasnt sure where to get them.

So..anyone around Fairfield/Augusta Maine area have some fertile eggs? She doesnt really care what kind of eggs but would love to have her hen hatch some.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Verthhandi has some Polish that are beautiful. Pm her.

I also have a rooster to give your friend if she wants one.
    I will have a beautiful assortment of fertile eggs in a month or two.

3. sunnydee

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I will ask her if she wants a roo. Thanks!!

4. sunnydee

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I'm wondering...can I buy fertile eggs somewhere?[​IMG]

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:Go to the farmers market this weekend, i bet there will be eggs for sale there and you can ask if they are fertile. That could be an interesting surprise [​IMG] It might be quicker than having them send. Your friend might know of a farmers market near her to get some.

6. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Normally I would tell you I had plenty of fertile eggs, but the hens are getting ready to molt and I am getting only 1 to 4 eggs a day right now.

7. sunnydee

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Thanks for the Farmer's Market idea. I am going to try to get there on my lunch break this week.

8. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    we have a rhode island red rooster. we have two, so we might get rid of one. [​IMG]
    near Augusta ME

9. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    We have an Ameraucana rooster and 4 Ameraucana hens for sale for $30.00 in Smyrna, ME. They are two years old we were told. Bring your own cage though. If interested email or pm me.

10. maineiac

maineiac Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2008
    Lincolnville, Maine
    I have plenty of fertile eggs. All my large breed are Wyandottes, all my bantams are Seramas. I am in Lincolnville, between Camden and Belfast. I sell them for $5 dozen for Wyandottes and $10 dozen for Seramas. I also have started Serama chicks for sale. Let me know if you are interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by