looking for fertile eggs to buy in Maine

ttgfish

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
north yarmouth maine
I am in search of some fertile eggs for a Kindergarten class project next week. In the past I supplied the eggs from my brood, but I am currently without birds
sad.png
so I am searching. Looking to purchase about 4 doz.

Last edited:
When do you need them by(early or late next week)? I am in Windham. I am getting 9-12 a day (depending on our wonderful weather). My flock is not separated yet though. I have a blue wheaten ameraucana over 1 blue wheaten ameraucana, 2 silver ameraucana, 3 australorp/andalusian. The other pen has an ancona and la fleche roo over wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucana(having trouble getting the other girls to accept these, that is why they aren't with the ameraucana roo), blue ameraucana, mottled project ameraucana(really considered EE's), appenzeller spitzhauben, la fleche, and ancona.
will be interesting.....let me know

Last edited:
Excellent Windham is so close!
lol.png
I am looking at some time middle to late next week, but very flexible and can work with your schedule. This would be great if it works out, sounds like a great mix in your flock. The teacher is looking to set them all at the same time, so I could store them for a few days until there are enough. I have the temp/humidity set-up for storage.

I will start collecting tomorrow, maybe you can get them this weekend? I can see what I have by then, not sure with all the rain that's coming.....I will *tilt* them in the cartons so they don't settle....
too bad my marans aren't laying yet, that is the only color that's missing
tongue.png

I can only tell you the possible hen that laid the egg by the color, they don't like when I watch
lol.png

oh, the resultant hens would produce green, blue or white eggs....

I have RIR's I could send you for the cost of shipping. The last time I did this they had 7 out of 11 hatch. Let me know, pm me with your zip if you want any.

Back
Top Bottom