1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for French Black Copper Marans

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cboois94, Jan 16, 2011.

1. cboois94

cboois94 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2011
    Milton
    I live in Vermont and have a beautiful French Black Copper Maran rooster and two hens along with the rest of my other chickens. I am looking for some new BCM to add to our flock and would like to know where to get them. I currently have two BCM eggs in the incubator and am going to continue to incubate what eggs I can get from them.

Please let me know any info on good BCM breeders and where I can get some more birds!

Thanks in advance:D

2. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    Hi! [​IMG]

There is a gal close to you here on BYC and her BYC name is Marquisella, I believe she is in New York. I know she sells hatching eggs but I'm not sure if she ships chicks but she may sell some on farm. She has closed flocks of beautiful Bev Davis line birds, Black Copper and Blue Copper, her egg color is fantastic. You could do a user search for her and contact her to see when she will be gearing up for selling. She is a super sweet and very knowledgeable lady who won't steer you wrong, IMO.
    You could also visit the Marans Chicken Club USA and cruise through the breeders list and see if there is anyone a little closer to you. Another site to look up is the Marans of America Club, many great breeders to find there as well.
    Hope this helps and good luck with your Marans. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for.
    Have a great day!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  3. Keara

Keara Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    Vermont
    Carly,

Hello, nice to see you here! You are doing the same search I have been doing for local breeders. I have resorted to ordering hatching eggs from some of the BYC people, on the Marans Thread. You and I are going to have to work hard to establish good flocks here in Vermont. Once the hens start laying again you and I will still have to trade hatching eggs!

-Keara

4. cboois94

cboois94 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2011
    Milton
    Hi all!

Thank you my search is going well, got alot of helpful info! [​IMG] Some of my BCM eggs are due to hatch TUESDAY!!!! Im so excited. My boyfriend and I are focusing on having a breeding flock of our BCM and our Beautiful Araucanas. I have continued to collect my BCM eggs and have put them in the bator. I dont collect every egg ( as it is winter) and i have many different eggs in the bator at the moment, but when spring comes I will collect every one [​IMG]
    Also wanted to let you know that I have researched collecting fertile eggs in winter and what is the lowest temp they could be at, and it has been 20 degrees F. My eggs have spent two days in the cold coop ( we do have a 100 watt infa red heat bulb and the coop is unsulated) and my eggs have hatched. I also read that you could incubate refigerated eggs that have been in the fridge for a week and sure enough these eggs hatched too. These birds are amazing creatures, how can that little embryo last in the cold? Its AMAZING!!

Im so excited for the chicks to hatch, I will be adding pictures of my birds, the eggs and the chicks when the finally hatch!

Thanks for all of your help
    Carly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by