Looking for fryer meat rabbits in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by JCM, Nov 3, 2008.

1. JCM

JCM New Egg

Nov 3, 2008
    I need fryer meat rabbits. Lots of them. Prefer New Zealand Whites or Californians, but could be negotiable depending on the breed. I currently need 500 fryers in the size range of 4.75 to 5.5 lbs. live weight. Good, clean, healthy, meaty fryer rabbits needed. We are located in Warren/Barren County Kentucky. Would prefer delivery, but would consider picking up if load is large enough and distance is feasible.

Thank you.

2. ChickenTender63

ChickenTender63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    are you saying you need all right now? I could help in in the spring, but to try and find that many right now will be tough I think.

Good luck

3. JCM

JCM New Egg

Nov 3, 2008
    Yes, I need that many right now. I have a need of 1800 fryers just this month alone. To complete my order I need 500 more.

4. ChickenTender63

ChickenTender63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    ouch! Well, I know I'm not much help today because I am just getting the new farm set up, but, is this going to be something that you need every once in a while?

Once I am going again, I would be able to handle that many per month no problem. I was producing about 300 per week before in that size range.

5. JCM

JCM New Egg

Nov 3, 2008
    We have a constant demand of approx 2500 fryers per month. I only see this growing. I do not forcast a slowdown at this point.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by