1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for Giant Cochin Breeders!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by osukrazykate, Dec 8, 2009.

1. osukrazykate

osukrazykate Chillin' With My Peeps

I am looking for some Cochin breeders. I recently lost my whole flock of Chickens, except a MF D'Uccle Rooster, Mr. Survivor as he has become known as. I had many cochins, but they were all the bantam variety. I recently got some standard Cochins, Golden Laced and am looking for more Standard Cochins. If anybody will be having some eggs here soon that would be great, like in two weeks would be best. Or have a good deal on some laying hens. Would like some Mottled Hens, Buff Columbian, or Blue. Thank you!

Kate

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Give me a year [​IMG] I'm getting partridge cochins in the fall. Already have one and we fell in love with cochins! So now we want more

What happened to your flock?

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have standard golden laced cochins, lemon blue (project) birds, buff columbian (project) birds and bantam mille fleur cochin (project) birds.

4. osukrazykate

Quote:That sounds like some of the varieties I am looking for to work on or use in other projects. I am wanting to work on the Blue Laced Red Cochin standard and the MF Cochin (bantam and would possibly like to work on it in Standard/Giant). So I am looking for Blue(or splash), Buff Columbian, Mottled and possibly the GL.

5. dani2

dani2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2008
    Hi we purchased blue cochins last year we did not actually end up with any true blues but did get several splash hens and will have some eggs available later this year. I am also looking for other cochin breeders especially those that have show quality stock or even someone who could recommend a good hatchery to purchase standard cochins from. I am really wanting to order a bunch of chicks this spring but really want to make sure they are excellent quality.

6. osukrazykate

Quote:From everything that I have read and heard you more than likely will not get a show quality chick from the hatcheries. Where are you located?

7. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    I have no clue where Keystone is..but I have Black, Blue, White and Splash Standard Cochins.

8. osukrazykate

Quote:hehe, yeah that doesn't really tell you too much. Sorry, I am in Oklahoma, close to a lake called Keystone, which is right outside of Tulsa. Lake Keystone is famous for having three large rivers from the US that feed into it or something like that that my DH keeps telling me.

So do you sell eggs then for hatching?

9. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    Yes..I've been known to ship eggs. But it's too cold now.

10. osukrazykate

Quote:Have you guys gotten snow yet? We have had a blistering cold wind here the last several days, but no snow.

Oh I almost forgot to ask when do you normally start back up with sending eggs.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by