Looking for Golden Laced Wyandotte & Ancona

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by MomMommyMamma, May 12, 2011.

1. MomMommyMamma

MomMommyMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    I'm having a hard time finding hatching eggs for GLW and Ancona. I would like proper combs, etc, but show quality is not necessary. Anyone?

2. SlowMoneyFarm

SlowMoneyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Nauvoo
    Do you know for sure what an Ancona is? 'Cause I think I have a trio but can't find anyone who *knows* to verify...I posted under the identification thread yesterday and no real response. If they're for sure Anconas then I'll have some...otherwise they're small black and white maybe similar to Anconas but I'm not sure what they are. :-( Nor is anyone else in the online chicken world to learn.

3. MomMommyMamma

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
  4. MomMommyMamma

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
  5. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Maybe you want to try ordering some? The McMurray hatchery sells them, but for the most part they've got a "limited supply." I've gotten some Ancona's from them before, they all had the proper single combs. The rooster I got was a doll, and would hop up on my lap so I could preen his neck feathers for him. I must add that they did not do well with the Wisconsin climate, but who's to say how they'd do for you?

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/anconas.html

6. SlowMoneyFarm

SlowMoneyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Nauvoo
    Thanks - have checked the BYC page and others - that's why I'm about 90% sure these are Anconas. But they don't have as many white spots - and am not sure if it's maturity (I know speckled sussex change from babies to adult) or if I'm looking wrong. Going forward comparing to everything I've seen I'll have Anconas for sale this summer. I just haven't had anyone look at *my chickens* and verify who knows *for sure*...and I don't want to misrepresent what I'm selling. Planning on hatching some eggs from these.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by