Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by tiki244, Jan 27, 2009.
I am looking for any good recipes with exclusively dark meat chicken in them Thanks in advance
"You Don't Know Jack" Chicken Quesadilla
For each quesadilla:
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (hence the name)
- 2 servings chicken leg or thigh meat, baked or cooked (a serving is about the size of a deck of cards if you mush it all together)
- Cooking oil (canola, vegetable or corn oil will do but not olive oil)
For garnish: green onions, sour cream, salsa, or gucamole
- Cut the meat into small chunks, about 1 cm cubed. Warm it a bit in the microwave to make it about room temperature. If it's hotter it doesn't matter.
- Brush one side of a tortilla with cooking oil and put it in a hot no-stick pan. Heat should be medium to medium-high.
- Sprinkle the meat chunks and cheese onto the tortilla. Spread evenly.
- Put the second tortilla on top of the first one (kind of like making a grilled cheese sandwich)
- Brush the top of the second tortilla with the cooking oil
- When the underside is nicely brown, flip the quesadilla over.
- Cook until both sides are brown and slightly crispy, the cheese is melted, and the chicken is warm or hot.
- Remove from pan. Cut in quarters, sixths, or eighths and serve with garnish.
This doesn't work well with light meat because there's not enough flavor.
Cool Thanks Squeaky