Looking for Grandma's dumpling/noodles

60ACRES

Stepped in what??
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Long, OK
My grandmother used to make noodles that we would have pretty much each Sunday. I have described them to people before, and they claim they are just dumplings, but shaped like egg noodles.

They were indeed shaped like egg noodles, probably a little thicker. When she served them they had very little liquid with them, but they were piled into a large bowl. I could eat them without anything else to go with them, though they were a great with everything she ever served with them.

I do believe they were boiled in chicken broth.

So, anyone have an idea?

I know when I make my noodles, if I cook them as soon as they are done, no drying, they puff up and are more like a dumpling than they are a noodle, and are delicious. Could that be the difference in the way she cooked them?

Quote:
Yes, she cooked them as soon as she had them cut.

And I know she would not have had any kind of special flour.

Quote:
Yes, she cooked them as soon as she had them cut.

And I know she would not have had any kind of special flour.

My recipe is so simple: 1 cup flour, 1 egg, few tbsps. rich milk, salt. Or I usually do three cups flour, 3 eggs to make a big batch . . . mix together and roll and cut . . . drop into boiling broth, or let dry for awhile. They are always so good. Tender and sometimes a little harder to work with than the dryer recipes, but well worth it.

Oh for crying out loud! This website is gonna cause me to gain a hundred pounds........ my Grandmother's noodles were the bomb, I still remember them and she's been gone almost 30 years.... as I recall she froze her noodles......... now that I've been reminded of them, I'm going to have to get out my rolling pin.......

Quote:
So is yours the same as above?

As best I recall it is.... Grandma passed away when I was 18, so I was a young teen the last time I watched her do it because we lived so far apart, but flour, eggs, milk and salt is pretty much it.
Heck, I may make some this evening, was a long icky day at work, need the relaxation!!!! And comfort food!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom