Looking for hatcheries that are still selling good chicks.

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by CornerViewFarm, Aug 17, 2014.

1. CornerViewFarm

CornerViewFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I am in northwestern, ohio looking for some hatcheries that are still selling chicks. I know its almost to late but i'm hoping its not. Im looking for decent show stock several different breeds to start over after I sell the rest of my flock.

2. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Have you checked out Meyer Hatchery in Polk, OH? I'm not sure how close/far that is to you but they seem to have a good reputation with people that order from hatcheries.

Here's their web address if you want to see what they have:
    https://www.meyerhatchery.com/index.a5w

3. CornerViewFarm

Apr 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Yes I ordered from them in the past but didn't know if they were done for the year or not. Just ordered 80 from them last night! Thank you!

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You're welcome, glad to help! So what are you getting?

5. CornerViewFarm

Apr 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Oh gosh, Everything I still could but except french black and blue copper Marans I guess I will hatch some out. Anyways Im getting RIR, Buckeyes, Easter Eggers, Buff Orpington, Cuckoo Marans, Delaware, Golden and Silver Laced Wyandotte, New Hampshire, Mille Fleur Bearded d'Uccle, and ordered Golden and Silver Phoenix from a different hatchery also!

6. Here's a little 'secret' - Wait until Monday morning - go on the Meyer site and click "Available Now" - halfway down on the left.
    Monday 7 am - 10 am or even noon - SO MANY chicks become available - but they sell quickly !! You may get your Marans yet ! I got some today - from Meyer. They weren't there yesterday . . .

1 person likes this.
  7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Wow, you got a really nice assortment! It would be fun to see a picture of them when they arrive.

8. CornerViewFarm

Apr 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Ah ha! I knew someone had something up there sleeve! Thanks so much! I'll check for my marans monday before I go get some hatching eggs!

9. CornerViewFarm

Apr 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I will definitely share some pictures once the little ones come!

1 person likes this.
  10. gilcamp4

gilcamp4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2013
    delaware
    do you know another hatchery

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by