Looking for Hatchery w/ small Minimums

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Hawkeye95, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in Kansas- and I'm looking for a hatchery that sells less than 25 chicks at a time. I'm wanting 8-10 chicks. I do NOT want more than that- some has told me I could sell the extra but I just don't want to deal with that. [​IMG] Any ideas? Someone told me MyPetChicken.com- but then I read some really bad reviews about them? Is this true? Is there another more reputable place? Or is MyPetChicken okay?? TIA!

2. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    try ideal they have a 25.00 min purchase I recently got 8 from them but they sent some packing peanuts I just looked at them as free dinner [​IMG] when they get big enough. So fdar as I can tell all roos so no big loss to me good dumplins [​IMG]

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I've had good results from MPC, my brother as well. They are not a hatchery themselves though. They work through Meyer Hatchery, who also does small orders. I believe Nature's Hatchery does small orders as well.

4. MarinMama

MarinMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
  5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:That's who I suggest also. Made my 2nd purchase from them last spring. Ordered some brown leghorns for layers. Beautiful healthy chicks, and the customer service was great.

6. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Ideal is good, with only a $25 minimum, but if you don't want them to add extra males for warmth, make sure you request "No males for warmth" when you order.

7. California Gurl

California Gurl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2011
    Quote:I agree. Also I like that they don't charge you an arm and a leg on shipping such a small number of chick. All you need to to spend the $25 min.

8. opalwednesday

opalwednesday Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Ridgecrest
    meyer ships smal batches for a five dollar small batch fee. And they let you get as many breeds in that small batch as you want. I am very very pleased with their ordering process, even their catalog is fun.

9. bullpup95

bullpup95 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Vancleave, MS
  10. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    MPC is fine in my opinion [​IMG] i'm getting more chicks from them in a few days, if you want i can let you know how that goes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by