looking for hatchery with low minumum

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Chickenrandomness, May 12, 2011.

1. finally got clearnce from my parents to get some chicks! my mom wants to order online. i've been looking for a hatchery that has a minimum of at the most 15, and has sexed pullets. plus on that has at least a few rare breeds in stock (meyer, MPC, and ideal are all booked)

could use some help

2. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

My Pet Chicken but very expensive when you add shipping. Your best bet is going to your local grain.garden store and buying what they have in stock. Most places will order what you want and add it to their next shipment. Good Luck and Enjoy!!!

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Cackle Hatchery.

4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

meyer, my pet chicken

5. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Ideal has a $25 minimum order. That means if you order 5 chicks that add up to more than $25 then you can complete your order. However, they will put male chicks in the box for warmth if you order very few chicks, but you don't have to pay for those.

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:It also does not include sexing charges and you can't get turkeys or other gamebirds with the $25 minimum...but you (OP) didn't want turkeys or gamebirds anyway, right? [​IMG]

8. Quote:It also does not include sexing charges and you can't get turkeys or other gamebirds with the $25 minimum...but you (OP) didn't want turkeys or gamebirds anyway, right? [​IMG]

no, they wouldn't be very good companinons with my remaining chickens from yesterdays dog attack!

i looked into Ideal, but they have only 1 or 2 of the breeds i want. THEY'RE COMPLETELY OUT OF WYANDOTTES TIL FALL!!!! [​IMG]

9. oh, i forgot to post this, but i don't want to order from a hatchery that has a min of 5 per variety. i like have like 1 of these 3 of those and so on

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't blame you for wanting to get more chickens, but before you do, please build a secure pen for them or the dogs so this doesn't happen again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by