Looking for hatching eggs in Canada

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by slahmswife, Jul 10, 2008.

1. slahmswife

slahmswife Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Princeton BC Canada
    Does anyone know where I can get some in Canada? I have been looking but the hatcheries here only sell to schools, or only send with chick orders of 25 or more. I have an empty incubator! Someone please help I am getting desperate.

2. slahmswife

Apr 21, 2008
    Princeton BC Canada
    Does anyone on this board ship to Canada? Are the regulations regarding shipping to Canada from the US the same for eggs as already hatched chickens?

3. slahmswife

Apr 21, 2008
    Princeton BC Canada
    bumping for ANY reply

4. eggonomist

eggonomist Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2007
    Singhampton, Ont, Canada
    From my understanding, eggs shipped to Canada are considered livestock so you need to pick up at the boarder and get a permit to bring the eggs across (around $60 last time I looked). There is a site (canadian egg swappers or something like that) on an MSN group board, maybe they can help?

5. slahmswife

Apr 21, 2008
    Princeton BC Canada
    Thanks for your reply. I did contact a great lady from that board who has some eggs she is willing to part with. I will have a bunch of silkie eggs in my 'bator in about a weeks time! I am sooo eggcited!

6. Cingratz

Cingratz Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2016
    Guelph,Ontario
    I am in need of some fertilized eggs. I am in Ontario. I would like to have maybe 5 silkie eggs. Any ideas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by