looking for hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bock, Dec 2, 2010.

1. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Hi everyone. Around the end of January- mid February, I would be interested in some hatching eggs. I am looking for true Amaucanas, Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, and Black Copper Marans. I would prefer that you live in or near CA, so that the eggs ship better. I just want them for egg laying and pets, but prefer to stay away from hatcheries. I also would like to stay under $30 if at all possible. If anybody would have any available or knows someone who would, please let me know! Thank you! [​IMG]

2. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    look under the hatching egg forum on here

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I have both true Ameraucanas and Black Copper Marans. I do not live in CA, however I'm directly north of you and the weather between us is quite the same. [​IMG]

roocrazy - If any place else this should be posted in the Wanted Section, not the hatching egg section. [​IMG]

4. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Thanks for the replies. I didn't even know there was a wanted section until now. [​IMG] I hope it is okay here. Anyways, Illia it sounds like you would be a good person to buy from. If you don't mind me asking, how much do your eggs generally go for? Also, how dark are your maran's eggs. [​IMG]

5. roocrazy

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Quote:illia i did not say post i said look under the hatching egg forum becaue boch may be able to find the breed in that location for sale

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Wanted Section, Breeders/Hatcheries section, - Both get about the same sort of posts - "I want, I'm looking for, do you have photos of stock from-" So there's little worry. [​IMG]

roocrazy - You're confusing me. I never mentioned anything about posts vs threads, I just said that the Hatching Egg section is not about looking for hatching eggs, it is about incubating eggs, hatching chicks, and the problems/joys one experiences in the process. It is the section to post in after you got your eggs you're looking for. [​IMG]

I will PM you prices, info, etc.

7. roocrazy

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    yes illia, maybe im confused too but im saying boch could find the breed of chicken hatching eggs of his preference on that the hatching eggs for sale part of byc, im sorry i didnt make myself clear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by