looking for havabator 1588

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by swiftfoot, May 19, 2008.

1. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    i am looking for an inexpensive 1588 hovabator
    i have a stillair little giant with an automatic turner but i am looking to upgrade

2. Serendipity

Serendipity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi there Swiftfoot ! I purchased my 1588 from Gubitosa's Game Bird Supply. They are slightly cheaper than Double R - and definitely a lot faster on delivery. However, the incubators have been out of stock for a lot of the companies. You can find the 1588 from Gubitosa's on e-bay at: http://cgi.ebay.com/GENESIS-INCUBAT...ryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Unfortunately - they are not cheap - but definitely worth the extra money as far as keeping the temp and efficiency of operation. [​IMG]

Good Luck!

3. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
  4. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    serendipity how much was your bator total

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Go to cutler and supply. I bought one with turner and shipping came to 152.00 and change. Well worth the buy.

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Just like the others have said. Go to Cutler Supply's site to get your Hovabator. I looked everywhere you can imagine to price shop and they are by far the cheapest. They also have wonderful customer service and ship very quickly. [​IMG]

7. Serendipity

Apr 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi Swiftfoot! I just checked my information and the Genesis that I purchased was $151.99 + $13.50 for a standard flat rate shipping. Please keep in mind that the Genesis 1588 from Gubitosa's came with an automatic egg turner model #1610 that fits all eggs. The package that I purchased also included 2 complete set of eggs racks; the universal egg racks and quail egg racks. [​IMG]
    The nice thing about this set up is that you put it together, add water, plug it in - and in less than an hour it is up to temperature and you are ready to go. I waited a full eight hours before adding eggs - but it automatically maintains the egg temperature for you so there is no fluctuation of temps. I have the 2362 model - brand new - and the temps are better than the Still Air Model that I also use - but the Genesis 1588 is fool proof as far as incubators go. [​IMG] The eggs are another story!!! [​IMG] Another plus is that it has a large viewing window - so you are not tempted to open it up every time and check the temp or the eggs - or just plain feel like you have to touch the little oval monsters! You can see a large viewing area. It is just a nice feature having it maintain the temperature for you!

I pulled up the Cutler Site - because I had heard that that is the way to go when buying incubators. I checked them before I ordered from Gubitosa's e-bay site and they do have great prices. However, I noticed that they only sell the 1585 - I do not know the difference in the two. And you also have to order the egg turner separately. So you will need to factor that into the price. I also do not know how much they charge for shipping - but $13.50 was very reasonable.

I originally ordered my bator from Double R Supply - and they told me it would be ten days till my order came - two weeks later - they said that they did not have the incubators in stock and they had to be shipped from the company that made them - so there would be another ten day to two week delay. I canceled and promptly reordered from Gubitosa's. The only glitch in their operation is that they state "7 - 14 business days" for shipping and they do not ship on Saturdays or Sundays... So make sure to factor in. They were still quite speedy with the delivery. And if you call them: YOU GET A LIVING BREATHING PERSON!!! [​IMG]

Best of Luck with your decision. Before I purchased my incubator I asked several people about which one to purchase and they advised me to make sure to go with a turbofan unit. At that time the Genesis 1588 was not out yet... So, I am passing on their advice to you along with a little of my own! Hope this novel helps! GOOD LUCK!!! [​IMG]

8. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

My 1588 (Genesis) plus turner (1611) plus shipping from GFQ came to $172.00.
    Took two weeks from order to delivery.

I was pretty impatient because I ordered eggs before it got here, and they got here first, but in retrospect I don't think that was a bad deal at all.

Susan

https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_listItems.asp?idCategory=34

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I also bought mine from Gubitosa's Game Bird Supply off ebay. I had it in 4 days and mine came with both chicken & quail trays.

10. Serendipity

Apr 30, 2008
    Maryland
    PoisonIvy & SusanJoM: How do you like your 1588? Have any of your eggs hatched yet? It is a sweet unit. I often forget that I have eggs in there. I went out last night to check the temps on the other bators... and just briefly glanced at the 1588 - because it basically takes care of itself!... and I had two chicks popping up to greet me! They came early I didn't realize that it was time to hatch! They were still in the egg turner tray! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by