Looking for heritage turkey supplier recommendations

I am looking for heritage turkey (was thinking Narragansett or Bourbon Red, but am open for recommendations) chicks or egg supliers.

I am located in Snohomish, WA so local would be nice but could also do mail order. Looking for around a dozen.

These will be for Thanksgiving/ X-Mas so not sure if we have enough time. Would love to hear recomendations.

Many thanks!

Good luck finding any now....Seasonal layers, mine all went broody by end of May.
Takes at least 6 months for heritage turkeys. They build a frame first then put on meat. You would have a bunch of bones.
My jakes dress out 10 to 12 lbs at 6 months. 18 months around 17 lbs

I got mine from a byc member from my state thread.
Porter has some great birds. They are in Indiana though, not sure about PO going that far. Closer to years end or start, they have a preorder sale. Right now they have a sale of breeders choice and mix. https://www.porterturkeys.com/poult-order-page. They are a small breeder so shipping date is unknown.

I noticed meyer hatchery was sold out of everything yesterday. They may of had some bbs left but seems like everything was gone. I had a guy drive 6 hours to my farm this weekend and bought every bird I had 15 week old bourbon reds. I had 10 birds. Im.getting emails daily wanting hatching eggs and poults but with only 2 hens I'm out till my next hatch which is 3 weeks out.

9BB19CE3-00E6-45B4-AFF3-B98495E89093.jpeg

And here they are.
Christmas is the bourbon red hen and thanksgiving is the chocolate Tom.

We are keeping them separate from the hens for a few weeks and will then introduce them and let them free range together.

We got the Turkeys from the nicest people in Snohomish. It was amazing seeing their breeding turkeys. They also had the cutest bulldog and Rottweiler

Back
Top Bottom