Looking for home ideas in the Southeast

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jjdward, Jan 29, 2012.

1. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    I was just wondering if anybody may have some experience with MODULAR(not mobile) homes. I'm looking for some good, dependable builders in Georgia are close by. Just wondering if anybody may have some feed back.

2. jjdward

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Nobody? That hurts my heart!!! lol

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Some modulars are better than stick-built, some are junk. Just find out who in your area sells them, who makes them, and do LOTS of research.

5. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    Look into "Homeplace homes" . they are stick built,fairly inexpensive to more expensive homes. We had them build a little house for an aunt, then later our new house, because it is hard to find homebuilders once you get out of the metro areas. They use crews, some better than others, depending on location, but they were reliable, and very cost effective. They build reasonable quickly (4-5 months roughly). We had a friend build a home with the only other builder, nicer home, but took over a year....

6. jjdward

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Time is also concern and that's one of the biggest reasons I was looking into modular homes. They are built in a factory and then brought to your site and placed on your foundation. So the turn around is usually less than 5 months from what I've heard.

7. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    With the home building market slow you can probably stick build a house in the same amount of time. Find a reputable contractor and talk to him. You can get a good deal if you look around.

Darin

8. xanxer82

xanxer82 Out Of The Brooder

You may want to look into the structural insulated panel construction homes. Very energy efficient and well insulated.

9. jjdward

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    I will have to look into that!! Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by