1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for homing pigeons around Birmingham, AL

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by Nateforau, May 2, 2011.

1. Nateforau

Nateforau Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2010
    Odenville, AL
    Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. I just got two Indian Fantail pigeons and now want some homers.

2. BAMABIRDS

BAMABIRDS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    Hi, I have three pair of yellow homers for sale. I live in double springs Alabama. Price is $35 a pair or $100 for all they look like the hen pictured below

[​IMG]

3. Nateforau

Mar 11, 2010
    Odenville, AL
    Beautiful. You are two hours from me. I am going to see if anyone chimes in a little closer and then I will let you know. Any interest in a trade for Adult American Buff Geese?

4. BAMABIRDS

Jan 13, 2011
    Sure what sex are they and how many do you have?

5. Nateforau

Mar 11, 2010
    Odenville, AL
    I have six geese. I got them as young adults and don't know how to sex them. I know for sure that one of them is a very broody female that was sitting on fertile eggs. I moved her and they died in the shell, but they were all growing. They are gentle as can be. My four year old son could pet her while she was on the nest. They typically go for $25 a bird but we can work something out.

Nathan

6. BAMABIRDS

Jan 13, 2011
    Sounds good. I'll pm you my phone # later and well se if we can't come up with a trade

7. pigeonGuy01

pigeonGuy01 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2012
  8. pigeonGuy01

pigeonGuy01 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2012
    LOVE yellow homers.... i had one that was like a security dog!!! he eventually died fighting at the age of 13..[​IMG]

9. laughingdog

laughingdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Newport Tennessee
    had a female yellow homer, and male chocolate homer, and they were the strongest, and healthiest birds ive ever had, and so want a pair of white racers and/or at least pair of normal/plain homers, just as pets, as renting now, but man hate had to move and rehome (were young and unflown) them.

10. slgonzalez1093

slgonzalez1093 New Egg

Apr 12, 2014
    How much is shipping and handling or shipping and a box for one pair

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by