1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for kittens - Joliet, Illinois area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by duckluck, Nov 6, 2011.

1. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I am looking for 3-4 free female kittens who would like to apply for the job of Mouser for my duck barn. Need kittens older than newly weaned but who are young enough yet to be acclimated to being around Call ducks, and need them already handled, preferably raised in a home. No longhaired breeds, please. I will provide spaying, food, vaccinations and a barn to live in. No color preference, just healthy kittens. Will consider giving home to older female cats if they are already safe to have around young poultry and tame enough to be handled for the vet.

2. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    ducklover, There is an organization called Cat Taxi that is located near us in Mendota, IL. They rescue feral cats and place them in "outdoor homes". I got two (one year-old male and one four year old female) from them in March of this year. They were free, already neutered and up-to-date on shots. They live in my barn/coop. They don't have direct access to the inside of the coop, but can easily get into the chicken yard, and haven't ever bothered the chickens, and I have had broodies with babies all summer. I would highly recommend contacting them for kittens/cats. They have a website so just google them. Mary

3. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Just saw this, but I already got four kittens from a horse barn who needed to place some. Thanks though! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by