Looking for LARGE chicken hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mcjerdensfarm, Oct 22, 2009.

1. mcjerdensfarm

mcjerdensfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Tishomingo, MS
    My dh wants some LARGE eggs to hatch so we'll eventually have some large egg layers to provide us with breakfast [​IMG]. I've always had bantams so I don't really know what breeds lay the largest eggs. I'd love to get a dozen or more--don't make me retire the incubator for the season!!!

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I can send you puremahogany Rhode Island reds .....They are a heritage breed and lay a large egg.

Also we have barred rocked eggs.

I'd recommend getting say 18 eggs...
    9 of the barreds and 9 of the mahoganies.
    That would give you some really pretty birds.

At any rate I'd be glad to take a mixed order.

Please do look at our feedback...We are very serious about the raising of our poultry on our full time farm as well as the packing of our eggs.

I'll also tuck in a few buff orpington eggs on the day of the ship if you would like. I only get about 2 a day now as the season has changed.

Here's the feedback link:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=165384

Here are pics of our birds:
    barred:
    [​IMG]

Pure mahogany:
    [​IMG]

and buffs:
    [​IMG]

Hope this was helpful and have a blessed day

3. dadof4

dadof4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2008
    mississippi
    How far are you from the Memphis area?

4. mcjerdensfarm

mcjerdensfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Tishomingo, MS
    Quote:About 2 1/2 hours--dh was raised there and my father in law still lives there.

bargain--beautiful birds! I don't know how dh will feel about RIR--our old roo, Opie was the meanest creature we've ever seen--lol. But he was by his lonesome, a giant among bantams. I will let dh look at everything when he gets home tonight.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Thanks for the compliment...God has really blessed us with pretty husbands and I give Him and my hubbies hard work the credit for them....

I play with them and feed them, but the hard physical labor is not mine "strength"...No pun intended.

Have a blessed day and if we can help you, we'd be so honored!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:I would PM bargain (Nancy) she has some Leghorns that lay large eggs and the pullets lay 5-6 eggs a week.

7. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

We can ship out a dozen plus RIR on Monday 10/26 or some Ameraucana's if you like colored eggs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's a turkey egg in the center. [​IMG]

Steve in NC

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
  9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I can send you a couple dozen eggs. They are a mix, some CBM, some olive eggers, some barred olive eggers, plus a few showgirl/silkie eggs and some bantam F2 mille fleur cochin eggs.... $2/egg, your choice. I left a gate open the other night about a week or more ago and there was some mixing of the barred olive egger/copper black marans flock. No tellin' what happened, so I will not be selling pure CBM for another few weeks. Some will be pure, some will not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by