Looking for large galvanized wall-mounted feeder

heiko

Hatching
11 Years
Oct 12, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am looking for my 15-hen chicken house for a wall-mounted galvanized chicken feeder. I want to have galvanized to avoid that rodents go into it via the wall and it should be large so I do not have to refill every other day.

The only one I could find are a $90 Free Choice Wall Feeder.

However, I like much more this style:
feeder.jpg
. However, as you can see on the overview page where you can buy this one, it is only for 10 lbs capacity (dimensions: 12.5" h x 8" deep x 8" wide). I would rather like to store up to 30 pounds.

Any suggestions?

The feeder you have pictured is one of the greatest feed wasters you can buy. The birds will just flip most of the feed out on the floor. I usually build my own wall mounted feeders from plywood If you are semi-competent with a table saw the are fairly easy to make.

Have you seen all the PVC pipe feeders that BYC users have made? They're thick enough to deter rodents chewing through them, though they'll just go to the bottom when the chooks aren't around.

Yes, this is a good idea with the PVD L-shaped feeders. I browsed the forum and found a few pictures. Look fine!

I saw the feeder which looks similar to the picture I have posted on a DVD "Regarding Chickens" -- its from http://www.fredsfinefowl.com/

Thanks for the tips!

CU
Heiko

I have one just like this. When I first started using it they wasted soooo much! They would use their feet and scratch it out and use their beaks as well. I finally put it up higher and have no problems with them wasting it now. I still dont like it because when it rains it soaks everything inside it. I have my feeder outside, but under a tarp. Im in the process of making one of those PVC pipe ones.

Back
Top Bottom