1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for large to jumbo egg layers

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lovemychicks2much, Apr 7, 2009.

1. lovemychicks2much

lovemychicks2much Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    hey everyone i am looking for some eggs to hatch for chickens that will lay large or jumbo eggs my family goes through eggs like crazy so i need some help and very res. priced being that i was just taken out of work for medical problems so if anyone has any suggestion please let me know or if may happen to have any that you would like to have a test hatch done on i wll be more than happy to do that as well

thanks

UPDATE
    thanks everyone for the replys so as far as all of the ones of you that have posted to have mixed or pure it doesnt matter to me because they are just for eggs i just need a large to jumbo eggs can you all please give me a price on what you will have around the first of the month becasue my bator id full right now just set it with silkies and pheasants so i cant fit anymore right now but if you all could give me some prices for what you have i will most defently be getting some around the first of may thanks again to everyone that has responded

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Duck eggs are huge. Mine are the size of a jumbo chicken egg.

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Yeah duck eggs are like, double the size of a medium size store bough chicken egg. Either that or my duck lays giant eggs...hmmmmm

4. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I though BO laid big eggs too?

5. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    My buff orpington girls lay huge eggs! deep brown color thick shell nice weight my duck eggs are bigger but as far as the chickens they last the Largest eggs out of any breed i have

6. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    I can't do ducks i live beside a creek and they take off with the wild ducks so i have to have chicken

7. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    thanks brady
    [​IMG]

8. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    My BO are huge also and at 1 year they all give me an egg a day even through winter. They are also so sweet and cuddly

9. ShadyGlade

ShadyGlade Chillin' With My Peeps

My Jersey Giants lay a nice big egg.

10. ShadyGlade

ShadyGlade Chillin' With My Peeps

I just thought as I clicked to post that Muscovy ducks would have no interest in going with wild ducks or leaving via creek. So that would be an option if you wanted to try ducks. They are pretty much self feeding in the summer if you have the space for them to graze.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by