Looking for laying chickens in Vermont!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickens-n-Vermont, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Chickens-n-Vermont

Chickens-n-Vermont Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2008
    Poultney Vermont
    Hello from Vermont!!

I am new to this forum and relatively new to chicken ownership. My 10 year old son Sam and I have 11 chickens. We have 2 Buff Orphingtons, 5 New Hampshire Reds and 4 Barred Rocks. We are looking to add to our little flock by getting 9 more chickens. Any combination of Rhode Island Reds, Black Stars and Austrolorps would be great, but we would consider other breeds as well.

Anyone in Vermont that would like to get rid of a few chickens? Please let us know. Thanks!! [​IMG]

2. Miss Sue

Miss Sue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hi, Chickens-n-Vermont. You live in a beautiful state!

If you're in southern VT, you might be interested in a chicken show coming up this weekend in Springfield, Mass. In a thread in another category, some of the members here at BYC told me that you can buy chickens there. It's called the Northeastern Poultry Congress.

Here's a link to that thread.

I may go if the weather is okay. It's a bit of a drive for me, but I think it sounds like fun.

Susan

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  3. Chickens-n-Vermont

Jan 9, 2008
    Poultney Vermont
    Hi Susan,

That looks great, but unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this weekend. Plus, I am in central Vermont, so that is about 3 1/2 hours from me. Would be a great day trip if I were available.

And yes, Vermont is a beautiful state. I absolutely love it here!!

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I know someone in Fitzwilliam NH with month old chicks if you are prepared to care for babies again?
    She has alot of different chicks to choose from. Let me know if that interests you.

5. Chickens-n-Vermont

Jan 9, 2008
    Poultney Vermont
    Hi Lurky,

Thanks for the response. Haven't done the chick thing yet. All of our chickens were laying when we got them, so I will have to pass on those at this time. But, my son did mention he might want to get some chicks this summer, so we might be on the lookout then. Thanks again!!

6. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I have a feeling she wont be hatching again any time soon. But keep an eye on craigslist.com because i see posts on there every now and then for chickens. In fact, there were some not too long ago. If i can find them, i will post them here for you.

7. Chickens-n-Vermont

Jan 9, 2008
    Poultney Vermont
    I would really appreciate that. Thanks!!

8. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  9. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I sent you a PM [​IMG]

10. Chickens-n-Vermont