Looking for leg bands....only a few

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by amyquilt, Jul 14, 2008.

1. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Does anyone have 6 legbands to fit Silkies that I can buy from them? I've scoured the internet and can only find in larger quantities, and just don't need that many.

I have 3 Silkies and just want a total of 6 bands, 2 each of 3 different colors so we can identify which is what name. lol Want to have a spare for each, also, that's why I'm looking for 6 total.

Please let me know if anyone can help me out with this.

TIA!

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    colored zip ties!!! It's easy and CHEAP!!!

3. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Quote:Is it safe tho? I mean even cutting the end of a Ziptie with nail clippers it still leaves a little of the square end with sharp ends. And they aren't adjustable. [​IMG]

Maybe look at Ebay. I'll be looking into colored & numbered ones myself.

4. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Quote:I found a pretty economical colored legbands on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/20-leg-bands-yo...ryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In a pinch tho you could use a thin strip of colored velcro... the ones you can get at the dollar store to tie up cords, they're easily cut with scissors to cut them down to the size & width you want, & easily removable when you find the legbands you're really wanting [​IMG]

5. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    thanks, i wanted to get a couple too to tell my RIR girls apart but couldnt get just a couple.

6. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Quote:I just pm'd you [​IMG]

7. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I found a pretty economical colored legbands on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/20-leg-bands-yo...ryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In a pinch tho you could use a thin strip of colored velcro... the ones you can get at the dollar store to tie up cords, they're easily cut with scissors to cut them down to the size & width you want, & easily removable when you find the legbands you're really wanting [​IMG]

I got those and they are really nice. She also has smaller one too. For chicks and bantams. [​IMG]

8. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Thanks all. I'll email the person on ebay. My silkies are +/- 7 weeks old, so am not sure what size I'd need. Maybe I need to get some mixed sizes, since the price for the smaller ones is for 24.

Thanks for the help!

9. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Did you get my pm? I have some I would be happy to send 6 of them [​IMG]

10. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:I just got it....didn't see the "read messages" little guy.

I'll go pm you now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by