Looking for long tail ? in Central FLorida _Tampa area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kenbrackins, Jan 29, 2009.

1. kenbrackins

kenbrackins New Egg

Aug 31, 2008
    Hello,

Sorry that I am a chicken novice but my children are chicken crazy.
    My kids (boy 11, girl 10) have 3 silkies 1 Old English Bantam and a Sebright. They would love to get a chicken with a long tail-like one of those Japenese breeds. Is there a breed that is gentle and that will get along with the rest of their flock? Any one around the Tampa area?? Thanks a lot.

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I have Phoenix and they are easy to deal with and have awesome long tails.

I am in W Ga and have some young birds for sale, I can ship them without issue.

PM if interested.

3. daygrower

daygrower Out Of The Brooder

Nov 15, 2008
    Quote:There is a chicken swap in Gainsville in Feb. and alot of the people in that group have long tails, Phoenix and Onagadori are not mean chickens but they will protect their hens and the breeds you have are small.something like a serama or other bantam breed would be better, they don't have real long tails but they would fit in better.

4. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    I have a trio of SIlver Pheonix that are gorgeous....He has a really long tail he is growing it out right now from his molt this year. I have two hens and one roo. If you want I can send you pics of them. I live about one hour north of Tampa off of I-75. MY son bought and now does not want them any longer. They are $50 for the Trio and they are currently laying. Please let me know if you are interested....

Thanks

Annika

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:THere is a lady at the Mt Dora fleamarket that sells poultry. I know she had sebastapol geese and other rare stuff. Call the fleamarket saturday morning and the will give you that ladies adress. THey have a farm out in the Eustis horse country area.

6. GlenbeulahGal

GlenbeulahGal New Egg

Aug 21, 2008
    N. Ft. Myers, FL
    I have a red shouldered Yokohama rooster that needs to find a new family. He is about 11 months old. When I bought him I was told he was a hen....obviously not! He has a long tail. You must have adequate sleeping arrangements and if you plan on letting him out during the day please make sure he has cover to hide from hawks. He has one eye from establishing pecking order as a chick. I have pictures of him if you are interested and I am in N. Ft. Myers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by