Looking for mature ducks-hens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickenFan, Aug 20, 2007.

1. ChickenFan

ChickenFan Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2007
    Hi All,

I am interested in getting some mature duck hens that are close to laying age or already laying. I am in North GA and will happily pay for shipping.

2. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I have a male Mallard/crested mix that is around 5 months I need to rehome him since he is not getting along with my pullets- he is trying to breed them and since he is unable it is making him very aggressive, I have a female here that he does breed with but it is not calming him down any. Do you think the post office or who ever will still ship duck that old?? I hate to give him up he is a beautiful drake I could send pictures if you would like to see him.

3. ChickenFan

May 6, 2007
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I don't need any more boys here. I am looking for hens only.

4. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    I have some call ducks I am getting rid of I have 4 females 1 4 year old and 1 3 year old and 2 2year olds I have too many they lay green and white eggs and they are not for show the only thing is we are not if they will be safe shipping them [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  5. ChickenFan

May 6, 2007
    I am in GA. I would be happy to pay for shipping if you want to do it.

Thanks.

6. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    I have three female ducks and one male duck I need to find homes for, the male and one of the females is possibly Cayuga mix, they're black w/ a bit of a green sheen. One other one is a Peking and the last one is brown, no clue on breed.

The black male and brown female are around 3 years old and have to go as a pair, the female has been a very good layer, although she stopped laying after sitting on some eggs about a month ago and hasn't yet started back up.

The black female and the Peking female are somewhere around 4-5 months old and are not laying yet, but I would think should start anytime now.

I am in Arkansas, I don't mind shipping them if it's safe, I've never shipped a bird before.

Let me know if you are interested, they're all nice ducks, I just have to many.

7. Haviris

Sep 4, 2007
    I forgot to add, I have two others I am currently making my mind up on, I have two purebred Cayuga ducks, I was hoping for a male/female pair, but I know for sure the older one is female and from the sounds of it the younger one most likely is to, so I may let one of them go.

And I have two Ancona ducks, again I'm hoping for a male/female pair, but these guys are quiet! So I'm still trying to deside if I have boys or girls, if they are both male I will definately be finding a new home for one, if they are male/female I will definately be keeping both, and if they are both female I will have to deside.

I think I have the most beautiful flock! But unfortunately I think 10 is just to many for my yard.

8. waterfowlrescue

waterfowlrescue Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    NC
    I may have something but first i want to know what you plan to do with the ducks?

9. ChickenFan

May 6, 2007
    I am interested in the females. Shipping is fine. I have gotten most of my chickens that way. They are shipped through the USPS.

As far as the person who asked what I would be doing with the ducks???? Err.. why does anyone look for girls [​IMG]. For eggs.

10. Haviris

Sep 4, 2007
    Sorry got alittle lost, you're intested in my ducks? I can't sale the brown one without her mate, but I will sale the younger two $10 for the pair.

I've never shipped a bird before though, I would have to do alittle looking into it to make sure it's something I can do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by