Looking for Muscovy ducklings in the spring

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickerdoodle13, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've wanted muscovys forever, but I can't seem to find any. When I do they are the typical black and white. That's not all bad, but I also really want ducklings so I can raise them myself. Will anyone have any in the spring like early may-june? I live in New Jersey, attend college in south jersey and live in north jersey. Shipping would also be an option if it's not like $50.

Thanks!

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I totally understand why you like Muscovy's......... I hope to have babies in the spring..........just added 2 females to my flock.............I will sure post if I do.........

3. sjcummings

sjcummings Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2007
    Shippensburg, PA
    I have muscovys too. They are the solid colored not the pied. Spring I should have lavender, blue, brown, dark ripple and black colors. Right now my one black is hatching out some. [​IMG]
    Oh I live in Shippensburg, PA

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  4. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Awesome guys! I'll have to write down your names!

Where is Shippenburg, PA? How far from NJ? If it's not too far, I could drive which would be so much cheaper than shipping.

Keep me updated!

5. Iamaqte

Iamaqte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Riegelsville, Pa
    I may have some as well.. 2 females with 1 male...[​IMG] I can keep u posted.. I live Riegelsville, Pa (5 minutes from NJ border)

6. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oh awesome! I've actually heard of Riegelsville before.

7. sjcummings

sjcummings Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2007
    Shippensburg, PA
    I live in the southwest of pa if you go to mapquest it can tell you how far my zip is 17257 but I think I am about 3 hours from NJ

8. waterfowlrescue

waterfowlrescue Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    NC
    You can also try putting yourt info in the "homes available" section of the duck rescue network. That way if someone in your are needs to rehome some muscovys they will cotnact you.

There is an adoptino board for ducks needign homes as well. Please see my signature for links.

9. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, I am actually a part of the duck rescue network and I get the e-mails regurlarly. I've seen a few I would be interested in, but I can't take in any more while I'm here at college:(

Thanks for all the replies though! Be sure to keep me updated!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by