Looking for naked necks/turkens central Pa

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by luvmyturkens, Nov 13, 2008.

1. luvmyturkens

luvmyturkens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2008
    This is a little early, but I would like to find a good breeder for Naked Necks/Turkens. My son's beloved turkens have both died within the past two weeks(his rooster of unknown causes and the hen was hit by a car today). I want to get him some chicks in the spring when the weather starts to break, but I would like to do my homework over the winter. We are really heartbroken over the loss of them. Although they were technically my son's, the hen was "Mom's girl" She followed me all over the yard and never went onto the road, untl today.

My son would like to get into 4H next year, so we would like to get some good birds. We are in central PA. Thanks a lot. I have learned so much from this forum.

2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    if ur looking for showgirls i'm in pa also in jefferson county. i do not have pure turkens anymore though.
    silkie

3. luvmyturkens

Jun 3, 2008
    Thanks, I'll have my son take a look but I don't think that is what he wants. He had two beautiful red turkens before. I know he's like to try to get the same. Thank you anyway

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] I am so sorry to hear Your Son lost his Turkens. I hope he finds some good ones come Spring. Good Luck.

5. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi I have gotten into raising turkens just this year. And I would be willing to part with some in the spring. I could give you eggs or chicks if you would like, even some half grown ones depending on what I have.

They are standard size chickens, our turk roos are blackish green and a red one. Our best turk hen is tan with white spots and black lacing. They are mixed in with our other chickens so they are not pure breed. Jockie lays about 30 eggs in a nest before she sets, normally all but a few are good. Matter a fact she just hatched out 15 two weeks ago. half were turks. We are in Berwick / Bloomsburg area. Let me know if you are intrested.
    BJ

6. luvmyturkens

Jun 3, 2008
    Thank you so much. We are definately interested. I will contact you closer to spring to make arrangements. I'm not sure if we're ready to hatch our own yet, but we'll see. Thanks again:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by