Looking For New Hampshire Breeders

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Cheapchicksfarm, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Cheapchicksfarm

Cheapchicksfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    I love the New Hampshire breed I have a small flock of them and would like to add some new bloodlines to my flock but can't seem to find any breeders anywhere so if you breed them or know who does please please let me know! Thank you in advance

2. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Under the Breeds, Genetics and Showing, there are two New Hampshire threads, one for the German line birds and one for others.
    There is also a yahoo group and a New Hampshire club- google away and see what you get. There are breeders on all of them.

3. Cheapchicksfarm

Cheapchicksfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    I found the german thread on here but can't find the regular NH breed thread [​IMG] My search skills suck.

I have googled the NH club before and it never comes up so if you can post a link I would be grateful [​IMG]

I do love this breed and it is the one I have the worst luck with when searching. I will try to find the yahoo group now

4. janchilds

janchilds Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2011
    Virginia
    What's the difference in type between the German lines and the regular? Thanks!

5. jerryb

jerryb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Southern Michigan
    I bought my new hampshires from my local TSC. a couple of them are really nice birds, one of them won a ribbon for breeding stock in my daughter's 4-H show last fall.

If you have a TSC they allow you to special order by breed if you fill out the form on their website.

we really like our new hampshires, we also have a couple of black sex links from TSC that are doing great too.

good luck,
    Jerry

6. ChickenManHorton

ChickenManHorton Out Of The Brooder

Hi
    The Germans are much closer to the APA standard in type and size, they are lacking in color. They are too dark or to red. I have some and they are awsome~! I am looking for some American New Hamps to cross with the but I am trying to find breeder or show quality and have had no such luck! The Americans have let this breed fall from the graces and the Germans have improved the breed or keep it to a certain standard over the years. Of course the Germans were Americans at one time~!
    Will have eggs in late Feb early March. Have never shipped before but I have an order so I will find out how to ship.

7. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    I'd love some of the German New Hampshire's too. I have been trying to win one of Banjoejoe's auctions for hatching eggs, but got outbid every time.

ChickenmanHorton, I'd love to buy some hatching eggs later this spring. My incubator is full of Silver Appleyard duck and Ameraucana eggs right now...then turkeys...then more geese, but sometime around May I think I could get some. PM me when you are ready if you would please. [​IMG]

8. ChickenManHorton

ChickenManHorton Out Of The Brooder

You just let me know when in May and I will try to hook you up with some German New Hamps!

9. lucky123

lucky123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Cullman,Al
    There are a few breeders of the American line that have very good birds, and then the german line.Many people are claiming to sell the pure german line, but some are really a cross with a american line. You can tell the crossing because the females in the pure german line don't have the black ticking in the hackles, and the american line does. The german line females are to dark as someone already noted. I personally think the german line are great looking birds, they just don't fit the standard like a good american line. If your wanting a nh that best fits the standard the cross bird would be best, or find one of the few breeders that have a good american line, no hatchery. You can check with Matt for chicks who post on the german line thread, he has the pure german line,good american line and a cross between the two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by