Looking for North Texas Breeder

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by bellydancer, Sep 12, 2007.

1. bellydancer

bellydancer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2007
    I want a few hens or pullets for my backyard. I've ordered my coop-- it'll be here in a week or so. I'm interested in easter-eggers-- Auracanas, but I'd be interested in a silver Wyandotte and possibly others. I cannot find any breeders in my area! Can anyone help? I've heard there are chickens for sale at various trade days-- but I'd hate to drive all that way for naught.

Thanks!

2. broncbuster07

broncbuster07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    Where are you?

3. bellydancer

Sep 12, 2007
    I'm in Dallas.

4. broncbuster07

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    I know of a few breeders around Ellis County, but I'm not sure of what they have at this time. What breeds would you accept? I can call them and inquire if you'd like, but it'll have to be this evening. Then I'll get back to you tomorrow morning.

5. bellydancer

Sep 12, 2007
    You know, these are for pets and for eggs-- I don't have to have specific breeds. I was looking for colored eggs for the novelty of it-- but I'd consider anything. I seem to have started this venture late in the year-- but in Texas, winter is a pretty nice season.

6. broncbuster07

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    Oh! Well, in that case, I should be able to find you some birds pretty quick! I'll let you know tomorrow!

7. bellydancer

Sep 12, 2007
    Still looking for hens/pullets-- have coop ready.

8. broncbuster07

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    I'm so sorry, Bellydancer! I have been searching for some birds for you, and have come up empty handed. The breeders I know don't have any chickens available, all they have is pigeons, guineas and ducks. I'll keep looking.

9. bellydancer

Sep 12, 2007
    Thanks! I appreciate it!

10. broncbuster07

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    Bellydancer, I just found this in another thread:
    Hey, guys I just saw on Craigslist DFW that there are some frizzle hens and roos that need to go to a good home. You can call her after 3:30 today. I think she is in Ft. Worth.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by