Looking for ONE MORE pullet/hen in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Lunachick, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Hello! I'm in a search for one more young hen to round out my small flock. Will buy and pay for shipping, if you're close I will pick up.

Any breed as long as she's healthy and an egglayer. AND FRIENDLY [​IMG]

Anyone trying to downsize their flock? [​IMG]

Let me know !! PM me. Thanks for any replies/info.

Wishful thinking - I wish Speckledhen shipped barred rocks! [​IMG]

2. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I've got many 1 yr old hens, & could part with one if you want to drive.I'm also in NJ...about 1.5 hrs from the shore depending on where you are. look up zip 08865 and see how far it is...I've got Black Stars, Red Stars, Black Australorps,and Brown Leghorns who I could part with 1 of. They are great egg layers and are healthy.Some are barebacked now, I think a combo of molting and too much Roo-love. Some aren't as Roo loved so they have more feathers, but even some of the Roos have less feathers right now, is this a normal time for molting or coming off a molt? Anyways, let me know.
    Lisa

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I should be getting a batch very soon of different chicks, but it may take awhile for them to grow and show their sex.

4. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Too bad you don't live a bit closer--I have Golden Comets--all started pullets. I am selling them for $8/piece, but not shipping. Sorry!!

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Thank you for all your replies! I've got a lot of messages I'm working on and figuring how far I want to travel to get that special hen!

Again Thanks! Keep those replies coming! [​IMG]

I didn't make a decision yet.

6. araucanasmom

araucanasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2008
    Southern NJ
    You could try Butterhof's on the White Horse Pike outside of Egg Harbor City 08215. Unfortunately I just sold my extra pullets there last week, but there were others for sale a couple of days ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by