Looking for opinions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Erin Bons, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Erin Bons

Erin Bons New Egg

Feb 17, 2017
    Ontario Canada
    Hi everyone!
    I just picked up 3 new chicks from a friend! I'm just wondering every ones opinion on one bird ... father is an Easter egger, mother is as well. First of all... roo or pullet and what do you think this chick called Alex ( named by my 4 year old) will look like? I'm just curious if anyone can give me an idea[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. Erin Bons

Erin Bons New Egg

Feb 17, 2017
    Ontario Canada
    These are the parents!
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Erin Bons [​IMG] Welcome!

I am not great at picking breed and gender but I do think that Alix is a little too young at the moment to say for sure.

In a few weeks, when (s)he is a little older, you could try posting on the Breed & Gender Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

(s)he is a little cutie!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to BYC! I am so glad you joined us, please make yourself at home here! I think you'll like it! :frow

~Cuz

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Think Alex is a young cockerel because he has barring. He will be a Barred rock mix. You can also post at "what breed or gender is this."

6. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

In a couple of weeks it should be easier to see if Alex is male or not. Try posting in the breed/gender forum, someone there should be able to tell for sure.

Best wishes!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Erin, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! [​IMG]

8. Erin Bons

Erin Bons New Egg

Feb 17, 2017
    Ontario Canada
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I am looking forward to being part of this community! Although I have had chickens throughout my childhood, I just recently began keeping laying hens as an adult. I am still in the process of building my flock, and I love how much information I can find here! Its so hard to choose what types of birds to get!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by