Looking for opinions

Erin Bons

Hatching
Feb 17, 2017
Ontario Canada
Hi everyone!
I just picked up 3 new chicks from a friend! I'm just wondering every ones opinion on one bird ... father is an Easter egger, mother is as well. First of all... roo or pullet and what do you think this chick called Alex ( named by my 4 year old) will look like? I'm just curious if anyone can give me an idea
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

G’Day from down under Erin Bons
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am not great at picking breed and gender but I do think that Alix is a little too young at the moment to say for sure.

In a few weeks, when (s)he is a little older, you could try posting on the Breed & Gender Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

(s)he is a little cutie!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Think Alex is a young cockerel because he has barring. He will be a Barred rock mix. You can also post at "what breed or gender is this."

welcome-byc.gif

In a couple of weeks it should be easier to see if Alex is male or not. Try posting in the breed/gender forum, someone there should be able to tell for sure.

Best wishes!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am looking forward to being part of this community! Although I have had chickens throughout my childhood, I just recently began keeping laying hens as an adult. I am still in the process of building my flock, and I love how much information I can find here! Its so hard to choose what types of birds to get!!

Back
Top Bottom