Looking for partridge colored bantams! PLEASE READ! This is for my MOM

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
My mom had a small bantam growing up named Henrietta. She was a small clean legged partridge colored girl. VERY smart.... no one knows what breed she was. We don't have any photos..... but every partridge colored hen I show to my mom, she says that is what she looked like. Bantam sized, not too streamlined, not to fat... single comb, Golden partridge color... not super dark brown.

Every time she sees a pic of a Partridge Wyandotte hen... she says THAT'S Henrietta...... but I keep telling her that is a standard size bird, and Henrietta was for sure a bantam. My Grandpa wouldn't have had access to anything fancy...so, what do you think folks? Anyone have anything that fits the bill?

I won't need eggs until Fall or Spring. Please post pics of your hens so I can show my mom and have her pick out which looks like Henrietta
big_smile.png

Hi,
I have the bantam partridge rocks which are beautiful. If you send me your email I can send a picture to you. I guarantee these are what she had and right now she is laying really well so if your interested in them now might be the best time to get them as I am not sure how they will lay in fall with cooler temps coming in.

Brandon

I have partridge wyandotte bantams but you are correct, rose comb and not singe. Probably partridge rock bantam.

I know there is a Partridge Silkie, but they would have feathers on their legs and I don't believe they have been around very long.

Danny D

We have brown partridge colors in our banties. they are very broody, but very sweet as well. Mom had one hen named Pam she lost this winter so i was thinking of replacing her like you are doing. Can't unload camera right now but can send pics later if you are still interested.

Back
Top Bottom