Looking for Photos of Baby Chicks

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Farmer Leslie, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Farmer Leslie

Farmer Leslie Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2015
    I'm looking for a photo of baby chicks milling about to be used on the cover of my novel Chicken Stock scheduled for publication in May by a small press in Boulder, Colorado. The story is highly critical of factory farming, an opinion I suspect many of you can sympathize with. The press, Hedgehog and Fox, can't offer payment, but you'll get a photo credit in the book, and I'll send you an autographed copy when it comes out. I'd prefer an outdoors setting for the photo, if you happened to be lucky enough to have predator safe space for your chicks. About me, in addition to being a freelance writer and journalist, I raise and sell organic vegetables. Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your cute babies.

2. HopieGirl4Ever

HopieGirl4Ever The Chook Artist

Oct 23, 2014
    At my Desk
    It sounds like your book will be great! I currently have 3 mother hens who have young chicks. Here are some photos of them. I will certainly be taking more, so you can let me know if you want any specific types of photos. Good luck with your book!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Farmer Leslie

Feb 25, 2015
    Hi, Hopi Girl, I can't see your photos. I think the website may have blocked them. I recently learned I'm not allowed to ask for photos in this forum. I could ask on Buy Sell Trade, but I can't post there since I haven't made enough posts. I'd like to see your photos, but I don't know how to do that without doing something illegal. Any ideas.

4. Farmer Leslie

Feb 25, 2015
    These are all darling! I'm fairly certain one of them will work. Let me check with my editor and see what she thinks. If it's a go, I'll need to send you a release form. Is there a way we can communicate by e-mail or something? I'm new to this and don't quite get how it works.

And where are you, anyway? I have snow, too. Brrrr.

Huge thanks for getting back to me!

5. HopieGirl4Ever

HopieGirl4Ever The Chook Artist

Oct 23, 2014
    At my Desk
    Sent you a Private Message (PM).

6. Roy Rooster

Roy Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    That is so exciting, I hope that your book is successful. I don't know if you still need some pics, but
    here are a few of what I have to offer for consideration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by