Looking for pictures of Barred Easter Eggers (BR hens mixed w/ Ameraucana Rooster)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by WoolyMantis, Jan 31, 2017.

1. WoolyMantis

WoolyMantis Just Hatched

Sep 6, 2016
    Howdy!
    So there was a thread on here somewhere where a few people posted pix of their EE's that were a mix of Barred Rock hens with Ameraucana Roosters. I have been searching through all the threads and can't find the one post I'm looking for, in it a couple people posted really good pix of the eggs! But I would love to see pictures of people's crosses, preferably just BR hens mixed with Am roos but any barred rock/ameraucana mix would be awesome!
    I am breeding my Barred Rock hens with my Blue Ameraucana Rooster and would love to see pix of eggs people have gotten from this mix. I only have chicks so I haven't had the pleasure of seeing what their eggs look like! :)
    Here's a few pix of my EE chicks from this mix:

1 of 3 boys
    [​IMG]
    Adorable blue gal
    [​IMG]
    and the only black ones without white dots on their heads so I believe both are pullets
    [​IMG]

2. Bonniebooboo

Bonniebooboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2017
    Kansas
    I hatched 2 on 8/2/17. They are from a blue/gold Ameracauna hen x Barred rock. I am pretty sure one is a Rooster and one a pullet. 1st chick I think is the Roo. there are 4 pictures of each so far. I know they will change more as they grow. BlueChick1  2  10 & 19days0ld.jpg BlueChick2 2 10 &19daysold.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Bonniebooboo

May 27, 2017
    Kansas
    Here is the pictures of sire and dam.
    Ameracaunabluegoldhenresized.jpg Barred Rock Roo 1 yr old..JPG

4. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    IMG_0868.JPG ...................my barred ee

Bonniebooboo likes this.
  5. Bonniebooboo

May 27, 2017
    Kansas
    Awesome!!! She really does look like a barred hen, save for the face! I was actually surprised I got 2 little blues. That light anyway. I'll wait for awhile and let them grown some now and take more pictures in a few weeks to see how they have changed.

6. Bonniebooboo

May 27, 2017
    Kansas
    Any updated pictures on how these grew up and look now? that would be good. and are you getting any colored eggs yet?

7. maralpz2006

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    IMG_1882.JPG Thats her mama

Bonniebooboo likes this.
  8. Bonniebooboo

May 27, 2017
    Kansas
    That's a pretty hen! What color would you call her? She seems to have some blue feathers on the rear end. :) She looks brownish to me in the picture. Pretty amazing what these EE mixes throw. :)

9. maralpz2006

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    I would say silver , she is blue with yellow

Bonniebooboo likes this.
  10. Bonniebooboo

May 27, 2017
    Kansas
    I took a few update pictures of my 2 blue EE babies. One is a light barred cockerel and the other a silvery blue pullet. they are now 6 weeks old . Next spring, I may try my 2 Barred hens with one of the EE Roos I kept from this year. It won't be this young fella, but I kept 2 from the older hatch. one is a deep red and one orange color

BlueBarrRoo6wks.jpg BlueBarrRoo6wks2.jpg BlueFeatherpullet6wks.jpg BlueFeatherpulletx3 6wks.jpg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by