Looking for possible breed and if Possible Sex.............. New to BYC

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mizzkitti, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Mizzkitti

Mizzkitti New Egg

Feb 9, 2013
    [​IMG]

I bought this chicken when it was just a little baby. Now that its getting bigger I notice I cant find any other breeds like it. Plus still a little early to see if it will roo (hopeing not, would love to see what kind of eggs it would bring and see if it would be a great momma). So can you help me anyone?!? It is the silver one in the pic. TIA

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It's a pullet, and if her earlobes are white, she is a silver leghorn. [​IMG]

3. Mizzkitti

Mizzkitti New Egg

Feb 9, 2013
    ooooohhhh thank you!!!!! now do do some research on silver leghorns. :D Im guessing the black one is a rooster, big head gear, plus he/she is always right in the middle of the other two, plus it's much much much bigger than the other two. What do you think?

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The black chicken is probably a black leghorn - beautiful white earlobes, and I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I think it is a pullet also. The white, again if it has white earlobes, is a leghorn, and it it too is a pullet.

5. Mizzkitti

Mizzkitti New Egg

Feb 9, 2013
    I found some where just now that silver leghorns are special breeds, hard to come by................... it this true...... sorry sooo many questions

6. Mizzkitti

Mizzkitti New Egg

Feb 9, 2013
    hmmm this peaked my interest. You said 'beautiful white earlobes'. Does that mean anything? I know im totally dumbish about chickens, especially breeds and perks. I picked the chicken cause how cute it was or something about its personality. I picked these three because the coloring were totally different than the others ...... Yeah im like a kid in the candy store LOL. You should see the polish i just picked up a few weeks ago.................... their markings and personality are AMAZING.

7. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Beautiful birds! How old are they?

8. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    I'd go phoenix or game hen before leghorn due to lack of comb on the sliver the black could be minorca what color are their legs??

9. Mizzkitti

Mizzkitti New Egg

Feb 9, 2013
    just a few months old. I call them my teenagers . they have the funny voices right now hehehehe

10. Mizzkitti

Mizzkitti New Egg

Feb 9, 2013
    also thankk you .... i think they are purrty too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by