1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for poultry/pets judge for SW Iowa county fair

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by theperdews, Jan 29, 2015.

1. theperdews

theperdews Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2011
    I have found a listing of approved judges for APA, but don't know if any of them will respond for a county fair to judge our poultry show. Do any of you know of any other associations that I might get referrals from for 4-H judging? Our Extension Office wants the superintendents to bring a new list of ideas, rather than going off their list of judges for past years. Thanks!

2. rainbowrooster

rainbowrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    The APA and ABA are the associations. You wont know if they will respond until you ask them.

3. theperdews

theperdews Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2011
    Thanks! I have given the board the APA judges, and will look up ABA. I think our challenge is that we have always used the same judge to judge the poultry (including ducks/geese) and also the rabbits. But, we'll give it a whirl. Thanks again for the reference to ABA!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by