Looking for price quotes

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by horsejody, Nov 3, 2008.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I recently had my small flock decimated by marauding dogs. I am l am needing price quotes for restitution purposes. I am looking for the cost of the following:

2 black Jersey Giant Hens - one very nice, 1 excellent quality
    1 gray partridge bearded silkie rooster - nice quality
    white silkie pair - rooster was average, hen very nice quality
    1 silver phoenix rooster - very pretty - excellent disposition
    1 black dark cornish bantam hen - very nice

I have price quotes on the mixed breed and regular layer breeds, however, I need to know what these birds are worth, including the cost to ship them it Waterloo, Nebraska. I am also checking Eggbid.com, but would appreciate any input. Please post here or PM me.
    Thanks,
    Jody

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Jody , I wish I could help, but I have no idea. Shipping for each bird would be $40.00 bucks plus cost of the approved shipping box.
    Then there's future eggs....

3. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Here pet quality hens that are at point of Lay readily bring $12 each, Silkie roosters with the exception of extreme show quality we are lucky to get $5 for, How ever your longtail rooster wether long tailed or not should have a retail value of at least $25, that is what his feathers would be worth for arts crafts or fly tying. I'm in agreeance with seminole a basic price qote for shipping would be approximately $40 per bird depending where shipped from.

4. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I priced a partridge silkie roo and was asked $30 for him(not counting shipping). He was pretty!

I paid $45 for my white silkie pair.

I cannot help you on the others but during the peak season at our local auction house, hens run anywhere from $12-$30 and Roosters are around $15 each. Again not counting shipping or your gas and time cost to go get replacements. Also you have lost egg production and if you get babies, you lose more in feed and no egg production while they are growing.

Talk to NewchickenMom she is near Omaha I believe and probably has some silkies that she could sell you.

Are these show quality or pet quality?

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:My biggest problem in finding replacements is that I will only get ones that were vaccinated as chickes for Marek's. As far as pet or show quality, I had both. I have been studying birds a lot and had intended to take some to the fair this year. I have not shown in the past, but had selected the birds I kept carefully. I have to get research together to show value on the birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by