Looking for Processing Facility in NC

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Dogginfox, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Dogginfox

Dogginfox Chillin' With My Peeps

Can anyone tell me where in NC i can have my extra birds processed? I called a couple places and they said because they are contracted with Buterball, Tyson, Ect. They could not handle "Yard birds". So now i have no clue where to look. Id do it myself but if a few people in my house find out they were the birds out in the yard they would not eat them. They just need to "disappear and reappear".

2. NC chicken man

NC chicken man Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Mt. Pleasant,NC
    hey dogginfox hows it going where is hayesville at I live in Mt. Pleasant NC cabarrus co getting ready to build my own place to process our own birds maybe I can help you soon if your close enough.

3. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    I'm right close to you, NC ChickenMan, so keep us posted on how things are going with your plans to process - I'll be a customer! *S*

4. NC chicken man

NC chicken man Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Mt. Pleasant,NC
    Me and a friend are planing to process around 1500 this year we are going to joel salatin farm in march to see how he does his processing ,I've done got the building built getting ready to pour concrete slab and install the equipment.

5. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    That's awesome! I'll be ordering some Cornish X's for sure. Any idea what you will charge?

6. Dogginfox

Dogginfox Chillin' With My Peeps

Hayesville is on the southwest side of the state.

7. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Hey, I'm in!!!!!!! Mt Pleasant is not too far for me, let me know prices and availablity.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  8. rabbitman8044

rabbitman8044 New Egg

May 17, 2013
    im looking for guineas im wanting to get 3 does and a buck cant find any 1 who has them around me im 9 miles from richfield nc

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by