Looking for processing facility in WV, or Green County Pa, or Md.,...

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by IggiMom, Jan 11, 2010.

1. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    I desperately need to get some of the voracious roosters butchered. There used to be a family that did it in West Virginia, but they have gone out of business, and I cannot find another place.[​IMG]

I really cannot do this myself. If I cannot find someone to do the roosters, I guess I will have to give them away, just to save on the feed bill, and I HATE to do that.

I have hunted and hunted on line, and I have called the County Extension Agent, all to no avail.

I am really discouraged about this.

If I cannot get my roosters butchered, I guess I will have to stop hatching eggs, which is fun, and just order pullets, so I don't HAVE any roosters.

Catherine

2. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    I was having the same problem..someone on the fourm gave me the # to my county extension office and I called them and they gave me two options. one was to call Va. Tech (college here in Va.) and another was a man at the office is sending me a link to some ppl. that will do it...so mine is coming around now. Wish me luck. Do you have a school/college there that specalizes in agriculture? try the high schools..they might have an agriculture class and can tell you someone...

3. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Thanks, I'll try it.

I did give away about 12 roos to someone who wanted them, but the problem will arise in the future, for sure.

Catherine

4. slab1

slab1 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2013
    Did you ever have any success finding a processor?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by