Looking for pullets in Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by OrpingtonHopeful, Apr 21, 2011.

1. OrpingtonHopeful

OrpingtonHopeful Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2009
    Hey Y'all,

I have looked at several mom and pop feed stores in the area and I cannot find what I am looking for- I realize this is a bit silly- but I have room for just two more gals in my coop and I would really like a Silver Laced Wyandotte and an Arucana. My favorite feed store has an order for Arucanas one week and Wyandottes the next- the problem is that they sell out from one week to the next and are now requiring a three chick minimum anyway-

Does anyone know of a place near the Charlotte area where I can get just one of each- I can drive and get one and then the other straightaway so that they are together right away-

I live in a neighborhood so I do need them to be pullets. I also do prefer to raise them from babies so my child can be part of the process of raising them.

Sorry to be soo high maintenance- I was really hoping this would be a fun spring break project, but here we are at the end of spring break with no baby chicks yet...

Thanks all!
    Sarah

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
  3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have both breeds but right now I haven't any Araucana chicks. I have SLW pullets though. The oldest are about 3 weeks old and I can tell the girls from boys. The younger ones I can't tell yet.

I am 1 1/2 hours from Charlotte though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by