Looking for Pullets in S.E. Michigan

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by leasmom, Aug 31, 2008.

1. leasmom

leasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    I am looking for one to two pullets...either a polish, Ameraucana, Rhode Island red, or something quiet because I need very quiet birds. I am in the Livonia/Farmington/Redford area. Thanks.

2. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Sorry to piggy back but ... I am also looking for an Ameraucana hen in Michigan (south East) or an easter egger.

P.s. leasmom my Delaware is a very quiet bird maybe you should look into Delawares too :-D

3. leasmom

May 25, 2008
    Thats okay...piggyback. It saves space! A Delaware sounds good. I am hoping someone has some hens and they're not too expensive or far away.

4. leasmom

May 25, 2008
    Anyone???

5. cheraboo

cheraboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    I've got some pullets coming next week from MPC. I ordered the bantam assortment so I'm not sure what we're getting. I may be zooming over to the Flint area to pick up a couple of Serama chicks next week *crosses fingers*. I'll let you know what we get - they ship Tuesday [​IMG]

6. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    We don't have any Ameraucana's to spare right now, but we have black austrolorps. They are almost 3 weeks old.

They are a good layer and quiet bird. These chicks are from Hoovers Hatchery in Iowa.

2 years ago we got some from Hoovers and my daughter took them to the Fowlerville Fair this year again. They got best production hens for 2 straight years now! The judge even took one of the 3 production birds and named it the best bird in the barn.

Let me know if you are interested.

7. leasmom

May 25, 2008
    Yes, I'm interested. Where are you located?

8. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    We live in Fowlerville MI. Right by where M-59 starts at I-96.

9. leasmom

May 25, 2008
    I'm in Livonia. How much are you asking? And can we meet in the middle? You're exactly an hour from me so 30 minute trip for the both of us?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by