Looking for Pullets or Young Hens in NE PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Gracefulspice, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    I'm looking to purchase 4 to 6 pullets/young hens. We receintly lost 4 of our 6 girls due to a dog. New Electric fence is going in place as I right this. They will be well cared for and loved as pets. Dry coop that is cleaned every morning, food all day, fresh water changed 2-3 X a day. Will be in a coop with an outdoor run surounded by electric fence during the day while I'm at work, approx 4 to 5 hrs in the mornings then out to free range the rest of the day as long as I'm home. (which I am most the time) They will have 1 3/4 acres to roam. And will be spoiled.
    Would prefer larger breed chickens friendly and hand raised. No Roo's please. Buff Orpintons, Australorps, & RIR favorable. Will consider other breeds. Would like a mix bunch.
    I live near Allentown Pa. And close to I78. I'm willing to pick-up or meet 1/2 way with-in a reasonable distance. Feel free to call me 215-538-3090 or 267-377-5622. or e-mail me at [email protected] Or reply to this thread.

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi!

I am in Hope, NJ, about 45 minutes from allentown, PA. I have several two month old pullets and cockerals for sale. If you look at my other post you can read what I have for sale. I will also be posting pictures as well. Let me know if you are interested!

3. Gracefulspice

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    Chickerdoodle..yes I'm interested. [​IMG] I don't think I'm interested in the cockerals tho, they are Roosters right?[​IMG] I would love to see pictures. I reconize some of the breed names, but not all. Are they all larger breeds? What age are the pullets. I have 1 pullet thats 10 mo. and a hen that's were thinking is approx 2 yrs. They are very friendly and I need our new members to be also because I have a 4 yr old that wants to be with them all the time. Any more information you could give would be great. Thanks [​IMG]

4. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    what part of eastern pa?

I am in western pa but will be driving that way in 2 to 3 weeks (Wilkes-Barre)

i Might have Americanas for sale

5. Gracefulspice

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    I only takes me about an hour to get to Wilkes-Barre. [​IMG] I'm about 50 miles NW of Philly. How old are your Americanas? Are they friendly and used to people? I may be interested in those too. Chickerdoddle has a few I'm interested in too, [​IMG] I need to talk to my husband but his cell phone died (go figure) and he won't be home till approx 5. I would like a mix bunch of girls, and your Americanas would make a nice addition too. But anything you can tell me about them would be great. And any pictures you may have would be great too. Thanks [​IMG]

6. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    they have been hand raised and fed (my girls and I have spent a lot of time with them so they would be tame)

(we were brooding for a friend who lives near Wilkes-Barre and he might not be able to take (possible move) I will know definitely by Wednesday)

They will be 3 weeks Monday 25

kids have given nick names:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x225/RChicks/Picture185.jpg[/IMG]

[​IMG]

IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x225/RChicks/Picture169.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x225/RChicks/Picture165.jpg[/IMG]

7. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi I will be looking to sell some of my young ones soon got more then I wanted so that if I lost any I would still have as many as I wanted. I bought them the week after easter so they are getting good size now. Anyway they all lived lol. I will have one australop, one buff orp, possibly a golden commet to sell. I also have a mess of mixed that I have no clue what breeds they are I bought 15 at auction as 2 day olds and I think there will be three or so of those I will be looking to sell. They are all fancy standards. They are alittle over a month old, but growing fast. All of them are use to people and being held as well as good around kids ( we have a 4 year old that just loves his chickies lol) and very tame. They are use to having a weiner dog watch their every move and snooze in the sun next to them during the day but they know to be afarid of big dogs since we have hunting dogs.

I am in Berwick If you would like pictures I can email you some or would if you would possibly be intrested in or have any questions about them let me know. [​IMG]

I am looking to get $3-$4 each for them which is basicly what I paid from them cause they were all sexed so I knew they were pullets. ( I like my roos but didn't want any surprises)

8. Gracefulspice

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    Nightshade
    Sorry but your a bit too far for me to travel. I would be interested in the Buff Orp and Astralorp you have. But with that distance I'd have to say no. We had traveled out to Raystown a few years back for a camping trip and it took approx 3-4 hrs. But thank so much for your offer. I'm sure you'd be able to find homes for them here in BYC. I got quite a few replys and really only expected 1 or 2 . Good Luck!!
    Thanks Again

9. Gracefulspice

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    RChicks,
    Your babies are very cute!! But a bit too young for me to take on. I need to place them with a 10 mon pullet and a 2 yr. hen. I'd be afraid my girls wouldn't except them. I'd like to try to get girls a little bit larger and older. Sorry, but thanks for the offer!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by