LOOKING FOR PULLETS...SILKIES,BUFF ORPS NJ/PA/MD/DE

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by taratrip, Aug 26, 2008.

1. taratrip

taratrip Out Of The Brooder

MY COOP IS ALMOST FINISHED! SO NOW I CAN GET MY BABIES! I HAVE TO HAVE HENS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF I CAN GET THEM AS YOUNG AS POSSIBLE BUT OLD ENOUGH TO BE POSITIVE THEY ARE HENS! MAKE SENSE?! I ONLY CAN HAVE LIKE 4 SO I CAN'T REALLY ORDER FROM A HATCHERY. ANY INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED~

2. esjro

esjro Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Stockton, NJ
    I just got 6 hens (red stars, barred rocks, and easter eggers) locally. Give this place a call:
    http://www.rosedalemills.com/ and ask to speak to John about the chicks. They are in Pennington, NJ. He has a bunch of 4-5 week olds (which I got), some 12 week olds that are already laying, and some organic hens. I picked my hens up on Sunday morning and they are going great... already they come when I call, and 4 of the 6 will let me pet their chests and backs. [​IMG]

edited to say: I don't think he has any silkies, not sure about the Orpingtons... I didn't ask.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  3. Feather Dust

Feather Dust Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2008
    Medford,NJ
    I had 6 silkies just hatch this week. Not sure what they all are yet though. I also have large brown egg layers. Don't know if you would be interested in them? I have red and black sex links coming next week, so you could get them as chicks and know for sure they are hens.

Let me know if your interested,
    ~Feather Dust

4. taratrip

taratrip Out Of The Brooder

I really,really want BO's so I am thinking about ordering from the hatchery. I would totally be interested in your silkies as long as you can hold onto them until you know for sure they are hens. I just started getting "into" chickens and silkies where what caught my eye first. They are so "different". I was starting to think I may have to wait till spring so if you would be able to hold them that would be fantastic! Where r u located? I live right outside of Philly. lmk and thanks! ttyl [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by