Looking for puppy or dog- MA, CT, RI, NH, NY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by melissa508, Jan 27, 2010.

1. melissa508

melissa508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    A close friend had his golden retriever stolen- Its been 1 month today & its unlikely the dog is coming back home. We have contacted everyone and posted flyers everywhere..what a shame..he is truly missed.

Its time to find my dear friend a dog. I have been looking for a black lab or even a chocolate lab , Male- A puppy would be nice, or even an older pup. heck, An adult would work if he was an affectionate, lapdog type who loves to play & go for rides in the car, non agressive & great with kids.

I am having the worst luck finding one, Our local craigslists are over-run with people who do nothing but flag your posts all day long. He has no problem buying a dog from a shelter or a private party, it doesnt matter.

The only breeders Ive found to have labs within a 100 mile range either dont have any ready, or have females..and WOW..I know nothing about Labs..never realized they sell for $1400 a dog. he doesnt need a top of the line showdog..he needs a great companion with a great temperment.

So i thought id look on here to see if anyone knows of any local breeders or someone might have what im looking for. At this point hed prob be happy with a black lab mix..but finding a dog is not easy these days.
  2. salty

salty Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Derry, NH
    Have you tried the golden retriever rescue?
  3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Try www.petfinder.com or post a wanted ad on Craigslist.
    Good Luck in your search!
  4. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by