1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

looking for pure aracauna hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dadsgirl, Feb 8, 2009.

1. dadsgirl

dadsgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    jay, florida
    i would like to have 12 fertile pure aracauna eggs to hatch, does anyone have any for sale.?

thanks, angie

2. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

[​IMG] Send a pm to hinkjc...she's got pure Araucanas...beautiful ones, too.

I'm sure you're aware of the difficulty in hatching Araucanas, aren't you? [​IMG]

Good luck! [​IMG]

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Yes, use a breeder. I used ebay. I got Araucanas crossed with cochins [​IMG] I love them but they are not what I paid for.

4. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I would love to try some to I am going to look up information on the hatching

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Hi dadsgirl, I am getting araucana eggs regularly now. You can look at some pics on my web site. Please note that my whites are the only ones I have separated at this time for pure color. I have 2 pure white pens and a mixed group which produces blue, black, splash, duckwing and bbr type colors, but pretty much anything goes with that group. All of our breeders are tufted and/or rumpless. We offer our eggs to BYCers for $30 which includes Priority s/h. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Jody

6. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Dadsgirl i recomend Hinkjc For araucana eggs !!! She packs them EXTREMLY well with lots of newspaper and bubble wrap !!!!

And she will answer any of your questions Cuz if your like me you will lol

7. Bokeeliachick

Bokeeliachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    SW Florida
    "I'm sure you're aware of the difficulty in hatching Araucanas, aren't you?"

Why is it diffcult to hatch Araucanas?

I am new to this chicken stuff.

Thanks for your replies.

Lynn

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Don't know about "hatching" Araucanas, but when two tufted birds are bred together, you have a chance of 1/4 of the eggs being bad. A double dose of the tufted gene is lethal. That's usually why breeders will use a tufted bird with a non-tufted bird.

9. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jody has wonderful birds. Here is a pic of fluffer nutter that I hatched out in Sept.
    [​IMG]

10. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Darn...too bad about those tailfeathers coming down. Pretty bird though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by