Looking for Pure Lye ~ Central Texas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Broke Down Ranch, May 19, 2009.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Hi folks. I'd like to start making goat milk soap but finding the lye to do it with is harder than finding hen's teeth. Does anyone out there have some they can spare? Or is there possibly someone in the Waco/Hillsboro area that will split an order of it with me? It has to be shipped ground so even for a 1# container the shipping is like $15.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    The only drain cleaners I have found all have something in them along with the lye..... [​IMG]

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    My boss makes soap and I know she buys her lye around here somewhere. She on vacation until Monday, but if you still havent found any I can ask her where she gets it and let you know.

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Then it's probably a good idea to refrain from bathing in it.

Imp-skin so tough

6. Rjaym73

Rjaym73 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2009
    Conyers, Ga
    I am not sure if they still sell in Texas, I know they have talked about stopping sales here in Georgia though you can still find it if you look hard enough. Lowes carries a brand called Roebic (sp) in a yellow canister (2lbs) that is in the drain cleaner section that is 100% sodium hydroxide (lye). Ace hardware also carries one that is 100% lye though I can not remember the brand name.

7. Buckhorn Farm

Buckhorn Farm OLD Country Girl

Mar 30, 2009
    North Florida

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by