Looking for quail or quail eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Malcom850, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Malcom850

Malcom850 New Egg

Nov 5, 2014
    I am looking for some specific quail breeds..
    Blue scale
    Valley
    Mountain
    Gamble

I'd like to end up with 2 trios of each you you have pairs for sale or eggs for sale or whatever let me know please...

2. dc3085

dc3085 Chillin' With My Peeps

The valley, blue scale, and gambels may be able to be had without too much work but the mountain quail be careful with. It's a crap shoot this time of year unless you're willing take rotated breeders, or find a small farm/breeder sitting on inventory.

Most people selling mountain quail adults are either doing it professionally and typically offloading them around breeding season moreso than now. The other type of people selling mountain quail will be selling rotated out breeders that they've already run through the quality offspring phase of their life. It wouldn't be so bad but mountain quail have always commanded high prices because of the difficulty people have getting them to reproduce. It'd be one more added difficulty in breeding already difficult quail. In all honestly I've seen this happen with every breed of quail so make sure you choose a reputable source.

Vails quails is a place you may want to check out as well. If you get no other responses PM me and I'll put you in touch with some people who maybe can be more helpful.

3. Malcom850

Malcom850 New Egg

Nov 5, 2014
    Okay thanks for the heads up

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by