Looking for Quaily Black or Blue New Jersey Giants and Cuckoo Marans

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pipermark, Jan 20, 2009.

1. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    I started my new flocks last year, they are about 6 months old now and I think the rest will survive the aerial predators. I ended up with only 7 New Jersey Giant pullets and 3 Marans pullets. The rest of the 21 chickens are roosters. So I am looking to add new blood.

If you are willing to share pictures of your flock, any shows your breeders have won, etc. I am interested in speaking to you. I know if you raise quality birds , you deserve a fair price, and if not crazy, I will be willing to pay it.

i had found a person in OK that has quality Marans but I lost his email address, if you are on this board please contact me again. I was going to come to your place and pick up a cockerel or too the last time we emailed but right after that my home computer crashed and I lost every thing.

Thanks
    Mark

PS , Marans, I am interested in egg color much more than cosmetic or body style. I would like to see pictures of the eggs.

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Mark, I just did a hatch of B/B/S Jersey Giants that I got from Okcarla here on BYC. I can't speak to them being show quality, as I do not show my birds. BUT - I WILL say they are very healthy and vigorous, 100% were fertile, and I got an 80% hatch with shipped eggs! And, she's a pleasure to deal with!

3. eggladyoboyle

eggladyoboyle New Egg

Jan 21, 2009
    HI, PIPER MARK, MY NAME IS CHRISTINE. I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA. I AM RAISING AND BREEDING FRENCH, BLACK COPPER MARANS. THE EGGS ARE REALLY DARK. THINK OF A TERRRA COTTA POT, WET. THAT IS THE COLOR. THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND I AM REALLY EXCITED TO HATCH SOME CHICKS FROM THESE GIRLS. I HAVE 4 ROOSTERS FOR SALE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE THEM LET ME KNOW. THANKS I DO NOT HAVE CUCKOOS, YET.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by