1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for rabbits in Western NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Jan 24, 2010.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I am looking for at least a buck and a doe, preferably two does. Jersey woolies, lionheads or mini rex.

Please let me know details and prices. Would love to see pics, too. Would like to get young'ish ones or ones acclimated to being handled and still young enough to breed.

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Cindy, there are quite a few breeders in our Guinea Pig clubs.
    I think there is a show this coming weekend in Spartanburg SC.
    Try the Southern Pride Rabbit and Cavy Club website......... http://southernpriderabbitcavy.yolasite.com/

Go
    to links and find something close to you. Most rabbit people are willing to let them go at a very reasonable price.
    We have a show coming up in Greensboro in NC and there are always plenty of rabbits for sale at a good price at the shows. Heck, we have won them in raffles for 50 cents!

3. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    I am also looking for Jersey Woolys in NC they are hard to find around here.

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    My problem with shows is that I work every Saturday. :-( So I cannot get to 95% of the shows (I think I've seen a rare Saturday one?). Thank you for the web site. Will definitely check it out.

Blueoval1, I know someone local that sells jersey woolies if you'd like her contact info, but she's near me so a pretty good distance from you. (They aren't my first choice so I'm looking around a bit and seeing if I can find mini rex or lionheads first.

5. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    Quote:Hi yes I would love her info, We might could meet somewhere or something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by