LOOKING FOR RARE / CRITICAL BREEDS....

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 14, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I'm looking for the following hatching eggs:

6+ Black Sumatras (standard)
    6+ Salmon Faverolles (standards)
    6+ La Fleches
    6+ Houdans
    6+ Crevecoeurs
    6+ Anconas
    6+ Cream Brabanters

I have a PayPal account, good eBay feedback, etc and can pay today.....

Thanks,

~Heather~

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I think okcarla has the Cream Brabanters. You should PM her and while I have not heard good things about them, Sandhill preservation has the rest of your list, I think.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  3. Rare Feathers Farm

Wait, what have you heard about that's not good? I need to have nice, friendly birds....

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I have heard that thier birds are great but thier customer service is lacking A LOT!

5. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

She saying that she has not heard good thing of late about Sandhill Preservation but they have pretty much everything on your list.

Here is the link http://www.sandhillpreservation.com/

However as stated on their home page they do not conform to a normal hatchery business practices. In other words do not expect a large customer service support system, they are not their to hold your hand, respond to every email in a timely fashion, etc....they are in it for the preservation (hence the company name) of the breed not to make money or friends.

That being said I have heard/read nothing but good things about their stock.

Edit to add be prepared to wait, they have a waiting list.....

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  6. Denece&Lacey

Denece&Lacey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    You might also try Privett hatchery for some of whats on your list. They may have everything I dont know. I have done business with them and no complaints. They were great.

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Oh Sandhill, you mean? I thought you meant the Brabanters themselves, LOL Yeah, I've heard that too and their prices are pretty high....I might have better luck on eBay

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Oh, okay...thanks! Yeah...I'm not in a huge hurry and I'll edit my original post...I can only have TWO of those breeds listed (I don't have room or $ right now for the other, additional coop I was planning).....

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Denece&Lacey :

You might also try Privett hatchery for some of whats on your list. They may have everything I dont know. I have done business with them and no complaints. They were great.

Cool, thanks. I'll check into them...I've only ever ordered eggs through eBay, this site, eggbid and I've gotten birds from McMurray in 2006...​

10. Denece&Lacey

Denece&Lacey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    Your horse pictures are great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by